Sunday, July 06, 2014

Opportunities

A wise old sage told me early on in life to seize opportunities. Don't just let them pass by unnoticed.  Sniff them over and make a decision. An opportunity was like a magic door that suddenly opened beckoning one to step through it.

At any point the open door of an opportunity could slam shut permanently. It could be a few minutes or a few weeks or next year. Once that door closed, it might not ever re-open again no matter how hard one tried.

Perhaps he had no idea that I would jump through lots of doors and take my chances on wild opportunities. Sure I've fallen flat on my face a few times, but so often it opened up a new world for me like a magic carpet ride seeing interesting places and doing wonderful things including several unique careers.

This morning the weather is unseasonably cool for July at an astonishing 64F degrees. Despite pain that makes me want to sleep away the morning, I have instead dragged myself outside to soak up the wonderful cool weather. I am outside listening to the birds sing, savoring the astonishing views watching the morning unfold before the chaos and noise of the holiday weekend on the lake sets in again.

I just didn't want to miss this little opportunity to enjoy a delightful morning in the great outdoors.



~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... WOW what a ride.”

    I needed your column today. Someone dear to me is embarking on a new, scary, wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful comment. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!