Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Soon Come!

Quiet and foggy early this morning.I thought the fog was only my brain but the lake was covered in this eerie blanket of transforming apparitions.

More about smiling on the telephone...

I wrote day before yesterday about the benefits of smiling, how successful I was with a troublesome phone call. Feeling empowered,  I tried once again to make another difficult phone call about a technical problem. No matter how much I smiled and twinkled my eyes, the person on the other end, was rude and abrupt. He kept interrupting me answering what he thought I was going to ask, but was dead wrong each time.

I was so frustrated I wanted to scream "Close your mouth and open your ears!" But I did not. After repeated tries to politely get my complete question out and being interrupted over and over I just gave up. Sometimes you can't fix stupid. Whether I'm a fool or he was, is anyone's guess. But whoever that dreadful man was, he was definitely not smiling. From what I gathered, he hated his job, hated life, hated me for calling.

Oh well! I will try back another time, hoping I get a nice person who doesn't mind doing their job.

RV 1994 Tioga Montara Class C 28 feet by Fleetwood


Some folks are tough cookies! No matter how much I smile and laugh, they see my happiness as a personal affront to be dealt with by doing all they possibly can to try to make me miserable. This is something I just don't understand.

All that wander are not lost. 

There is a wanderlust in me that just makes me want to pack up and hit the road, see more of nature, less of chaos.

"Soon come!" A treasured phrase I learned from a boat load of Jamaicans I used to crew with on a tall ship. We entertained mostly American and German passengers on month long sails. "Soon Come!" could mean 3 minutes, 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years... it was a one size fits all. Whenever we had a crew opening, the Jamaicans would line up at the phone calling their relatives trying to cajole one into signing on our ship, then convincing the captain. Once one was chosen long distance, it was my job, as ship's purser to do the mountain of letters and paperwork across international borders to hopefully launch them on their way.

I am getting ready to travel, just in case. Might as well be prepared! Of course I have to fulfill my workamping obligation first, but some days I feel like a wild animal gnawing at my foot caught in a trap dreaming of freedom.

But... I smile and smile and smile and tell myself... "Soon Come!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your Order Soon Come...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. > wild animal gnawing at my foot

    You and me both. Hand me a shinbone please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbour once gave me a piece of very valuable advice - to stay happy, stay away from negative people at all costs, for they will only drag you down into the abyss with them, whether consciously or subconsciously. Surround yourself with happy people! And if there's none, Harley is always a happy boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. customer service. when i get one like that i just say we have a bad connection and hang up. hit redial and away we go.

    don't let it get you down. just think their hour, day and/or life is terrible. usually all 3.

    peaceup raz

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!