Thursday, July 30, 2009

2009 07 30 713am ALIVE and PIRATING!

My belly is kicking up a fit. It's happy from the great food, and craving more yogurt and unhappy from the chemical pollution (doctah drugz...) More yogurt should help this, when I can get some, they won't let me near the refridgerator and you have to wait until it suits them... to get someone "allowed" to go fetch the yogurt.

I don't want to be a pest here, but some days they help you out and other days, they leave you to languish.

So far only one or two battles this morning with the devil. My bed was robbed again. Grrr...... Some of the bandages partially fell off my bad arm and were fighting with my dress and the remaining bed sheet. I thought an angel would come help me, instead the devil came to scold me.

I am sure... stressing out a patient as much as possible, really speeds healing...

Tee hee hee......... I spend much of my days and nights trying to be so laid back and de-stressed and calm and collective... I try to IGNORE the peoples that work so hard to stress us out...

Having a mermaid around just confuses SOME of the staff something awful. Some times they treat me first class and some times like a criminal that ought to be shot down... and every where in between...

Well, when all else fails, BECOME A PIRATE!

So to heck with this madness over the sheets and dealing with the devil and it's your blankie or your sheet and am I on a game show here or what?

I "found" the sheets I needed and now I am wrapped up tightly in them, all cozy. Tee hee hee.

Sure, I've seen the startled looks, the sneakers that slammed on brakes. I've heard the mumblin and the grumbling. I see the sidelong stares....

Hey, I am a really good and sneaky PIRATE! Tee hee hee...

AND I didn't have to barter my blanket either. Now that I have "touched" the sheets, no one will take them away (they are MINE, mine, mine!) I can cough up a fur ball on them, for good measure too, if I have too (but I would rather keep them clean).

What's better, is NO ONE knows where or how I got sheets, even though I've heard grumbling. I just curl up all cozy with my tubes and wires and probes and masks and ignore them all.

The BIG effing problem here is, the mattresses are covered in thick sticky plastic topped by a thin flimsy sheet. I lay on this and just sweat like a mermaid and stick to everything and stink and become rather miserable in short order. And I keep my mouth shut about it all, life is life is what it is...

At Radar where I "found" a nice cozy raggedy blankie, a few days back, (I actually bartered a deal with the radar person, but I don't want to get them in trouble...)

I used the blankie for creature comfort and to keep my tail warm and dry, but then I discovered, if I put the blankie doubled over, then laid down on top of it, ahhhhhhhhh, the sweating and sticky problem completely vanished. YES! That feels GOOD!

So I like to lay on top of my raggedy blankie, then cover up with a nice clean top sheet, and then I am good to go. WHY this upsets the devils and some of the control freaks around here, I don't know, but I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

But the devil steals my top sheet... Then I get cold, then I am miserable again, and some soul says "Cover with your blankie if you are cold" and I ask for my sheet back and then the circle begins......


GOOD NEWS...
I've managed to keep my arm pillow. My battered arm needs the pillow to rest on. A few people have noticed me in my CLEAN sheet (the old one was looking pretty rough, as it hadn't been changed in awhile) and I just IGNORE them.

They tried to take my arm pillow the other day, the grand inquisidor came over shooting questions at me and lunging at my pillow, while I whimpered and darted around and tried in vain to leave my injured arm firmly planted on the pillow.

I have lived in the Caribbean a long time. I know how to play PIRATE too, and I guess I will if I am forced too!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe what you go through just to be comfortable. I have never heard of having either a blanket or a topsheet and I certainly haven't ever stayed in a hospital that didn't change the sheets every second day.

    I wonder what it is that makes them so mean. Is it because you're white? I would never even have thought that a week ago but I read an article in the BVI news about racisim on the island and I was so shocked and upset. http://www.bvinews.com/index.php/all_news/commentary/3174.html

    Here it is if you want to read it. If you read the comments, mine is the one from 'Baffled Canadian'. And I suggest you read from the last page forward so that they make sense.

    Anyway, I wish I had some humour to perk you up but I am in the doldrums myself - not health related - so am having a tough time finding the bright side of life these days.

    Best wishes to you, and lots of prayers,

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!