Saturday, August 01, 2009

2009 08 01 Pin Pricks and Donkey Races!

I fell asleep and someone came and stuck my GOOD arm with a shot!

ARGH! I woke up and grumbled and growled and said "NOT my good arm! NOOOOOOOO! I've sacrificed this other arm, we are NOT doing both!"

Apparently, now they feel the need to pin prick my fingers every hour or so. The meds have spiked up my sugar and now I need temporary insulin. Good grief! I'm supposed to be getting better not worse here.

So, I am still jealously guarding my good arm, while insisting they continue to destroy the bad arm with pin pricks and shots and what have you. I have a friend that works in the hospital, but we hardly get to chat much, she is busy of course working, but she lights up my life when I see her.

When she is on duty, she tries to do all my "stuff" so we get to have stolen conversations and I of course feel TEN TIMES BETTER when she is taking care of me, a familiar face that understands me wanting to keep my good arm GOOD...

As I explained to the Vampire, I am going to NEED this arm for the Donkey races in Carrot Bay on Friday!

My nurse friend whipped around and said "Oh noooo, you are NOT doing the donkey races this year."

This particular nurse has known me for 15+ years and I am THRILLED when she is on duty. A true professional, extremely dedicated and does her job like a real angel. (We need more like her!)

"WHAT??? The races are a week away and if you LEAVE MY GOOD ARM ALONE, i shall be FINE for the donkey races!"

"Nope, you aren't going to be there this year. No Donkey races for you." and she sadly shook her head at me.

This can't be! I thought, well I HOPED, well, (this is the part where my bottom lip quavers and I want to just CRY my eyes out) I, I, I, w-w-w-w-would be out of the hospital by Friday...

"Besides, you broke your leg at the donkey races, what, 2-3 years ago?"

"Um, well yes, 3 years ago, I think, hell, who is counting, it wasn't That bad.."

"Yes, I remember, you came to the emergency room, said your ankle was sprained and we found your leg busted in two places, you got a big heavy cast and we made up a nice bed for you and before we could settle you down, you took the ambulance back home at some unruly hour..."

I sheepishly nod my head. "Um, yes, I didn't know you were on duty or I would have stayed...:

"Oh please!" my friend rolls her eyes. "And it took you what, 8 months to walk again without the canes and walkers?"

"Um, just a few months..."

"OK, I admit, I was scared of the hospital then TOO! Scared me so bad, and I had cats to feed and my donkey to look after and....."

Now the powers to be notice the nurse has lingered too long over me and it's time for her to shuffle onwards...

I sit here all alone.

No donkey races?

How can that be?

I will make the donkey races, you just wait and see... Let's see, if I go hide in the back of the ambulance, then call and tell them we need them at Carrot Bay...hmmmmmmmm...

I just CAN'T miss the donkey races!






4 comments:

  1. If you go to the donkey races before you're better, you might just make an ASS out of yourself. Heeheehee!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. har har har tee hee hee ho ho ho ho cough cough cough giggle snicker snicker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both together,
    Put the lime in the coconut, and you'll feel better,
    Put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em bot' up,
    Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.

    hahahahahaha
    Always love your posts on StormCarib - you are my sunshine!
    Hope you feel better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself, there is always next year.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!